I am the assistant Scoutmaster and advancement chairman for my Scout troop. I have worked with lots of boys in my troop and am proud of the fact that we have more than the national average of boys who made it to Eagle.So many times, I have sat in the waiting room during a boy’s Eagle board of review, most times celebrating with the boy and his parents that he passed the board of review.Several years ago, three boys who were very close to their 18th birthday successfully passed their Eagle Scout board of review. Our troop sent their application and records off to the local council and then to National. Shortly thereafter, the approved applications arrived along with the Eagle badge, certificate, and patch.After receiving the packet from National, I immediately contacted the boys and encouraged them to arrange and coordinate their own Eagle ceremony. I printed off pages from the Internet about ceremonies and offered to help review their work.Not one of these boys carried through with their ceremony. Although I have kept in contact with them, they do not seem to be interested in planning a ceremony. I even suggested that we could have a short ceremony during a Cub Scouts Blue and Gold banquet. No interest.I still have these boys’ Eagle packets at home. The badge, patch, and certificate rightfully belong to the boy. Should I bundle them up and mail them to the boy or parents? What should I do?
“Our new Eagle Scouts Won’t do A Court of Honor – Help!” (26 Mar 13)
About Mike WaltonTake your standard Oliver North. Add strong parts of Bill Cosby and Sir Robert Baden-Powell (the founder of Scouting). Throw in Johny Bravo without the "hurhhs!" and his pecks. Add a strong dose of parenting, the sexuality of a latin lover, and Mona Lisa's smile. And a 40 year old's body frame. That's me basically *grinning*
Connect with Settummanque
Search Settummanque Speaks
About Mike Walton
"There's no such thing as strong coffee...only weak people..."
About Me:Take your standard Oliver North. Add strong parts of Bill Cosby and Sir Robert Baden-Powell (the founder of Scouting). Throw in Johny Bravo without the "hurhhs!" and his pecks. Add a strong dose of parenting, the sexuality of a latin lover, and Mona Lisa's smile. And a 40 year old's body frame. That's me basically *grinning*
Follow @settummanque on Twitter
- “Where Do I find Eagle Scouts?” (16 Jan 18) 17 January 2018
- The Lantern Song (12 Oct 17) 12 October 2017
- We Need a “National Swear Jar” (26 Sep 17) 26 September 2017
- I Thought you Taught Boys to be Men (24 Sep 17) 24 September 2017
- Making Scouting Accessible to Today’s Family (Where I stand) 10 August 2017
- “Our new Eagle Scouts Won’t do A Court of Honor – Help!” (26 Mar 13) 5 April 2013
- The old Scout Shorts…can we still wear them? (22 Apr 11) 23 April 2011
- Non-Registered Adults and the Uniform (7 Nov 13) 28 November 2013
- More about Square knot insignia (19 Aug 13) 19 August 2013
- More about “Fort Knox High Days” (2015 Reunion Overview) (6 Sep 15) 10 September 2015
- hack game with hardplex: Thankfulness to my father who shared with me about...
- thewindow.to: Having read this I believed it was rather enlighte...
- Nelson: What's Going down i'm new to this, I stumbled up...
- Rose: Good blog post. I certainly love this website. Con...
- media sbobet: I?ｖe been exploгing for a littⅼe bіt for any...