Scouters!! In another twist to get the BSA back on track as the dominant national youth-serving organization, the BSA’s National Executive Board appointed Dr. Robert (Bob) Gates to that volunteer body and elected him as the program’s next National President. Gates would serve in the place of Randall Stephenson, the Chairman/CEO of AT&T who was on track […]
About SettummanqueTake your standard Oliver North. Add strong parts of Bill Cosby and Sir Robert Baden-Powell (the founder of Scouting). Throw in Johny Bravo without the "hurhhs!" and his pecks. Add a strong dose of parenting, the sexuality of a latin lover, and Mona Lisa's smile. And a 40 year old's body frame. That's me basically *grinning*
Steven wrote and asked over on LinkedIn:“We have a parent in our pack who occasionally wears a scout shirt. He is not a registered leader. Are there any guidelines about this? Is there anything wrong with an enthusiastic leader wearing a khaki BSA scout shirt on occasion even though he doesn’t hold a leadership position? […]
That’s what people have been asking me the last couple of weeks. They look at my Army uniform and say “Wow…” “What’s all of the things and stuff on your shirt?” The ribbons and the two badges represent more than 35 years of combined civilian and military service, as part of all three […]
“My son is getting ready to go before his Eagle Board of Review, and they say that they want OA members to wear their their sash on their belt. Is that an acceptable for of wear for the OA Brotherhood sash?” No. He may carry his Brotherhood sash with him, but he should […]
In putting together the first edition of the Badge and Uniform Site back in the 90s, much of my email came from “old time Scouters” who first, appreciated that there’s a place online they can point to their peers and say “See, THIS is the right information!” even if it doesn’t appear in a […]
If you have not seen or heard about the three knuckheaded “Scouters” (in quotes because no Scouter *I* know of would ever think of doing what they did!), take a look at the video linked below. Then you’ll realize what stupidos they are. Never mind where they live (if they were from Minnesota or […]
(From Byran’s SCOUTING Magazine blog, 17 September 13) Bryan wrote and asked us: “You’ll notice it right away, of course. You’ll see Tristan across the room at your pack or troop meeting this week and instantly spot the unit numerals on the wrong sleeve, the rank patch on the wrong pocket or the World […]
I know this is a bit late, but I wasn’t made aware of it until I read a posting on the Scouts-L youth programs discussion group. The BSA ended the “ScoutParents” registration designation. “ScoutParents” were parents of Scouts in the unit, who had no connection except to be parents of a Scout youth. They were […]
(Copied from the SCOUTING magazine blog) Sarah wrote: “Hello, first THANK YOU for putting this information out for us clueless types. My Husband and I just started leading the 11 year old scouts at Church. We are trying to get his uniform together, but I have to admit, the person in the […]
So we didn’t make any records this time out, gang. That’s okay…it gives us something to strive for for the NEXT National Jamboree at the Summit!! The following was taken from this morning’s SCOUTING magazine blog as relayed by the senior Editor of that magazine, Bryan Wendell: “The big number is 30,037 youth and […]
Search Settummanque Speaks
About Mike Walton
"There's no such thing as strong coffee...only weak people..."
About Me:Take your standard Oliver North. Add strong parts of Bill Cosby and Sir Robert Baden-Powell (the founder of Scouting). Throw in Johny Bravo without the "hurhhs!" and his pecks. Add a strong dose of parenting, the sexuality of a latin lover, and Mona Lisa's smile. And a 40 year old's body frame. That's me basically *grinning*
Follow @settummanque on Twitter
- The Lantern Song (12 Oct 17) 12 October 2017
- We Need a “National Swear Jar” (26 Sep 17) 26 September 2017
- I Thought you Taught Boys to be Men (24 Sep 17) 24 September 2017
- Making Scouting Accessible to Today’s Family (Where I stand) 10 August 2017
- “Club Scouts” 23 November 2016
- “Our new Eagle Scouts Won’t do A Court of Honor – Help!” (26 Mar 13) 5 April 2013
- Non-Registered Adults and the Uniform (7 Nov 13) 28 November 2013
- The old Scout Shorts…can we still wear them? (22 Apr 11) 23 April 2011
- More about “Fort Knox High Days” (2015 Reunion Overview) (6 Sep 15) 10 September 2015
- More about Lent 2015 (Ash Wednesday, 18 Feb 15) 18 February 2015
- lasertest: This piece of writing is in fact a pleasant one it...
- Nik Stanosheck: It's nice to have an article again after 10 month...
- Settummanque: Hi Margaret!! Sorry you are having problems tryin...
- terry koosed: Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so m...
- Margaret: It seems now to be at: http://usscouts.org/eagle/...