If you have not seen or heard about the three knuckheaded “Scouters” (in quotes because no Scouter *I* know of would ever think of doing what they did!), take a look at the video linked below. Then you’ll realize what stupidos they are. Never mind where they live (if they were from Minnesota or […]
(From Byran’s SCOUTING Magazine blog, 17 September 13) Bryan wrote and asked us: “You’ll notice it right away, of course. You’ll see Tristan across the room at your pack or troop meeting this week and instantly spot the unit numerals on the wrong sleeve, the rank patch on the wrong pocket or the World […]
I know this is a bit late, but I wasn’t made aware of it until I read a posting on the Scouts-L youth programs discussion group. The BSA ended the “ScoutParents” registration designation. “ScoutParents” were parents of Scouts in the unit, who had no connection except to be parents of a Scout youth. They were […]
(Copied from the SCOUTING magazine blog) Sarah wrote: “Hello, first THANK YOU for putting this information out for us clueless types. My Husband and I just started leading the 11 year old scouts at Church. We are trying to get his uniform together, but I have to admit, the person in the […]
So we didn’t make any records this time out, gang. That’s okay…it gives us something to strive for for the NEXT National Jamboree at the Summit!! The following was taken from this morning’s SCOUTING magazine blog as relayed by the senior Editor of that magazine, Bryan Wendell: “The big number is 30,037 youth and […]
Hey Matt!! You wrote and asked me: “My name is Matthew Wilson a proud eagle scout. While at a local swap meet I found a BSA jacket and purchased it. The tag reads Boy Scouts Of America Official Jacket and has the number 553 on it. Size 40. It feels like all […]
Please first allow me some words about making speeches. I have been doing so for quite some time — since 13; and “will speak for food, patch or mug” (later for $100) since I turned 17. Let me start out by saying that at every location I provide a speech — an after dinner speech; […]
Hi Bill!! You provided me with a GREAT question today….thank you for asking me: “If I was a Boy Scout am I “always” a Boy Scout” (if I wasn’t expelled or anything — never happened)…or just during the time I was in my troop. I am now 72, but recall still with […]
(Copied from the SCOUTING magazine daily blog at blog.scoutingmagazine.org) I am the assistant Scoutmaster and advancement chairman for my Scout troop. I have worked with lots of boys in my troop and am proud of the fact that we have more than the national average of boys who made it to Eagle. So many […]
(From my posting on the BSA’s SCOUTING magazine blog): Wallace wrote in part: “Ed… Something must have happened or why would the BSA adopt the policy…” Yeah. The United States had a “growth spurt” and with it some additional maturity. A scant 15 years ago, we were laughing at NBC’s “Will […]
Search Settummanque Speaks
About Mike Walton
"There's no such thing as strong coffee...only weak people..."
About Me:Take your standard Oliver North. Add strong parts of Bill Cosby and Sir Robert Baden-Powell (the founder of Scouting). Throw in Johny Bravo without the "hurhhs!" and his pecks. Add a strong dose of parenting, the sexuality of a latin lover, and Mona Lisa's smile. And a 40 year old's body frame. That's me basically *grinning*
Follow @settummanque on Twitter
- The Lantern Song (12 Oct 17) 12 October 2017
- We Need a “National Swear Jar” (26 Sep 17) 26 September 2017
- I Thought you Taught Boys to be Men (24 Sep 17) 24 September 2017
- Making Scouting Accessible to Today’s Family (Where I stand) 10 August 2017
- “Club Scouts” 23 November 2016
- “Our new Eagle Scouts Won’t do A Court of Honor – Help!” (26 Mar 13) 5 April 2013
- Non-Registered Adults and the Uniform (7 Nov 13) 28 November 2013
- The old Scout Shorts…can we still wear them? (22 Apr 11) 23 April 2011
- More about Lent 2015 (Ash Wednesday, 18 Feb 15) 18 February 2015
- More about “Fort Knox High Days” (2015 Reunion Overview) (6 Sep 15) 10 September 2015
- agen bandarq: Admiring the dedication you put into your blog and...
- gel Boi Tron: Very good written article. It will be beneficial t...
- lasertest: This piece of writing is in fact a pleasant one it...
- Nik Stanosheck: It's nice to have an article again after 10 month...
- Settummanque: Hi Margaret!! Sorry you are having problems tryin...