(Copied from the SCOUTING magazine blog) Sarah wrote: “Hello, first THANK YOU for putting this information out for us clueless types. My Husband and I just started leading the 11 year old scouts at Church. We are trying to get his uniform together, but I have to admit, the person in the […]
So we didn’t make any records this time out, gang. That’s okay…it gives us something to strive for for the NEXT National Jamboree at the Summit!! The following was taken from this morning’s SCOUTING magazine blog as relayed by the senior Editor of that magazine, Bryan Wendell: “The big number is 30,037 youth and […]
Hey Matt!! You wrote and asked me: “My name is Matthew Wilson a proud eagle scout. While at a local swap meet I found a BSA jacket and purchased it. The tag reads Boy Scouts Of America Official Jacket and has the number 553 on it. Size 40. It feels like all […]
Please first allow me some words about making speeches. I have been doing so for quite some time — since 13; and “will speak for food, patch or mug” (later for $100) since I turned 17. Let me start out by saying that at every location I provide a speech — an after dinner speech; […]
Hi Bill!! You provided me with a GREAT question today….thank you for asking me: “If I was a Boy Scout am I “always” a Boy Scout” (if I wasn’t expelled or anything — never happened)…or just during the time I was in my troop. I am now 72, but recall still with […]
(Copied from the SCOUTING magazine daily blog at blog.scoutingmagazine.org) I am the assistant Scoutmaster and advancement chairman for my Scout troop. I have worked with lots of boys in my troop and am proud of the fact that we have more than the national average of boys who made it to Eagle. So many […]
(From my posting on the BSA’s SCOUTING magazine blog): Wallace wrote in part: “Ed… Something must have happened or why would the BSA adopt the policy…” Yeah. The United States had a “growth spurt” and with it some additional maturity. A scant 15 years ago, we were laughing at NBC’s “Will […]
Mr. Walton, “I read the comments about the BSA retiring the “Heroism Award” on the scouting magazine blog. I am curious about your thoughts on this. I am looking at it from a military valor standpoint. You have the Medal of Honor, the Distinguished Service Cross, Silver Star, and the Bronze Star with a […]
Search Settummanque Speaks
About Mike Walton
"There's no such thing as strong coffee...only weak people..."
About Me:Take your standard Oliver North. Add strong parts of Bill Cosby and Sir Robert Baden-Powell (the founder of Scouting). Throw in Johny Bravo without the "hurhhs!" and his pecks. Add a strong dose of parenting, the sexuality of a latin lover, and Mona Lisa's smile. And a 40 year old's body frame. That's me basically *grinning*
Follow @settummanque on Twitter
- Making Scouting Accessible to Today’s Family (Where I stand) 10 August 2017
- “Club Scouts” 23 November 2016
- Voting 8 November 2016
- Blog Entry for November 7 November 2016
- [OFFER] “Sex Talk” and Irish Spring 12 October 2016
- “Our new Eagle Scouts Won’t do A Court of Honor – Help!” (26 Mar 13) 5 April 2013
- Non-Registered Adults and the Uniform (7 Nov 13) 28 November 2013
- The old Scout Shorts…can we still wear them? (22 Apr 11) 23 April 2011
- More about “Fort Knox High Days” (2015 Reunion Overview) (6 Sep 15) 10 September 2015
- More about Lent 2015 (Ash Wednesday, 18 Feb 15) 18 February 2015
- Nik Stanosheck: It's nice to have an article again after 10 month...
- Settummanque: Hi Margaret!! Sorry you are having problems tryin...
- terry koosed: Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so m...
- Margaret: It seems now to be at: http://usscouts.org/eagle/...
- tubemate download play store: This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Fi...