As a young Scout, I was amazed at the content of the monthly magazine called “Boys’ Life”. In those pages were jokes I could try on my non-Scout friends, magic tricks, interesting stories of Scouting long ago and Scouting today, and encouraging words about our program expressed by the BSA’s national leadership. There were comics — The Tracy […]
During the recent National Annual Meeting of the Boy Scouts of America, held in Atlanta, I attended several sessions geared to share information and to bring it back to my local Council to share with them. Since my “local Council” (Transatlantic) serves youth in some 60 (I haven’t counted the total number of countries, so […]
I found this while doing research for “Eagle Feathers”, a book based on my Scouting experiences post-Augusta; I added some more recent information at the end. Enjoy… Tweet This Post
(From “Eagle Feathers” by Mike Walton; more recent notes follow the entry…) Responsibility: What’s Your Policy? Tweet This Post
I subscribe to several Scouting patch trading/collecting forums on Facebook(tm). This evening, I got a surprise when I saw an image of what I know is MY typewriter…. Mike Selby wrote: “Looking for info on this typewriter. It is from the 1977 BSA National Jamboree. My guess is that possibly it was used by […]
On this day in Washington 106 years ago, officials of a new youth-service organization filed paperwork to incorporate and federally charter something called the Boy Scouts of America. These men, representing a broad cut of social and civic clubs, educational institutions and religious bodies, had no clue as to what direction their small organization would […]
(The NIKE company owns the copyright to the phrase “Just DO IT!” and is being used here with no infringement made. This article was originally in one of the last issues of American Scouting Digest magazine, where I served as a senior editor and writer. The Jamboree referred to was the 2010 National Scout Jamboree, […]
Search Settummanque Speaks
About Mike Walton
"There's no such thing as strong coffee...only weak people..."
About Me:Take your standard Oliver North. Add strong parts of Bill Cosby and Sir Robert Baden-Powell (the founder of Scouting). Throw in Johny Bravo without the "hurhhs!" and his pecks. Add a strong dose of parenting, the sexuality of a latin lover, and Mona Lisa's smile. And a 40 year old's body frame. That's me basically *grinning*
Follow @settummanque on Twitter
- Making Scouting Accessible to Today’s Family (Where I stand) 10 August 2017
- “Club Scouts” 23 November 2016
- Voting 8 November 2016
- Blog Entry for November 7 November 2016
- [OFFER] “Sex Talk” and Irish Spring 12 October 2016
- “Our new Eagle Scouts Won’t do A Court of Honor – Help!” (26 Mar 13) 5 April 2013
- Non-Registered Adults and the Uniform (7 Nov 13) 28 November 2013
- The old Scout Shorts…can we still wear them? (22 Apr 11) 23 April 2011
- More about “Fort Knox High Days” (2015 Reunion Overview) (6 Sep 15) 10 September 2015
- More about Lent 2015 (Ash Wednesday, 18 Feb 15) 18 February 2015
- Nik Stanosheck: It's nice to have an article again after 10 month...
- Settummanque: Hi Margaret!! Sorry you are having problems tryin...
- terry koosed: Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so m...
- Margaret: It seems now to be at: http://usscouts.org/eagle/...
- tubemate download play store: This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Fi...