The Lantern Song (taken from a chapter in “Patches and Pins…” by Mike Walton (c) 1988 Settummanque) I loved living in Germany for three reasons. The Sprudle. It was a drink similar to our 7-Up or Sprite, but made with natural water instead of carbonated water. It was bottled in beer bottles, […]
Over this past weekend, I started to post what a great thing the start of football season is. I remember going to my first high school, college and professional football games as a child — all within Scouting “circles”. It was a great experience, watching the players run into each other or running the ball from […]
A frequent comment which finds its way into part of the daily email I receive from parents and Scout leaders (“Scouters”) goes something like this: “Isn’t scouting one of the last or THE last traditional boys program left where boys can be taught how to be men.” No. The BSA was never designed to […]
As a young Scout, I was amazed at the content of the monthly magazine called “Boys’ Life”. In those pages were jokes I could try on my non-Scout friends, magic tricks, interesting stories of Scouting long ago and Scouting today, and encouraging words about our program expressed by the BSA’s national leadership. There were comics — The Tracy […]
During the recent National Annual Meeting of the Boy Scouts of America, held in Atlanta, I attended several sessions geared to share information and to bring it back to my local Council to share with them. Since my “local Council” (Transatlantic) serves youth in some 60 (I haven’t counted the total number of countries, so […]
I found this while doing research for “Eagle Feathers”, a book based on my Scouting experiences post-Augusta; I added some more recent information at the end. Enjoy… Tweet This Post
(From “Eagle Feathers” by Mike Walton; more recent notes follow the entry…) Responsibility: What’s Your Policy? Tweet This Post
Search Settummanque Speaks
About Mike Walton
"There's no such thing as strong coffee...only weak people..."
About Me:Take your standard Oliver North. Add strong parts of Bill Cosby and Sir Robert Baden-Powell (the founder of Scouting). Throw in Johny Bravo without the "hurhhs!" and his pecks. Add a strong dose of parenting, the sexuality of a latin lover, and Mona Lisa's smile. And a 40 year old's body frame. That's me basically *grinning*
Follow @settummanque on Twitter
- The Lantern Song (12 Oct 17) 12 October 2017
- We Need a “National Swear Jar” (26 Sep 17) 26 September 2017
- I Thought you Taught Boys to be Men (24 Sep 17) 24 September 2017
- Making Scouting Accessible to Today’s Family (Where I stand) 10 August 2017
- “Club Scouts” 23 November 2016
- “Our new Eagle Scouts Won’t do A Court of Honor – Help!” (26 Mar 13) 5 April 2013
- Non-Registered Adults and the Uniform (7 Nov 13) 28 November 2013
- The old Scout Shorts…can we still wear them? (22 Apr 11) 23 April 2011
- More about Lent 2015 (Ash Wednesday, 18 Feb 15) 18 February 2015
- More about “Fort Knox High Days” (2015 Reunion Overview) (6 Sep 15) 10 September 2015
- agen bandarq: Admiring the dedication you put into your blog and...
- gel Boi Tron: Very good written article. It will be beneficial t...
- lasertest: This piece of writing is in fact a pleasant one it...
- Nik Stanosheck: It's nice to have an article again after 10 month...
- Settummanque: Hi Margaret!! Sorry you are having problems tryin...