Well, I am officially into the 2nd full day of the Jamboree and have developed somewhat of a routine. The days start at 6:10 each day. There is the short trip to the heated swimming pool to do a few laps. The alarm on the phone lets me know that it’s 6:45am and time […]
I spent most of my day today taking images of military personnel — mostly Army, for that’s who’s paying my bill for being here — interacting and working with Scouting personnel. I will put them all onto a CD and provide them to Michele, the person tasked with gathering up those images for the […]
Three words: WHEW!! The temperture was in the high 90s with a “feels like” temp of 109. As I drove into northern VA, my van’s “outdoor temp gauge” said “106. I think this is the highest temp I’ve ever seen in this van!! No Photoshopping here, buddies and buddettes!! That’s the temp outside my […]
(Okay…I’m several days behind on my Jamboree-related blog/notes…I will catch up!! *smiling*) This note has been written four times now and every time something happens to where I lose the note before it gets posted. I spent Saturday morning swimming and then going to Golden Corral to eat before driving up to Washington DC. […]
People always ask me “why do you GO to the Jamboree…isn’t that something for the kids? You’re a LONG WAY from being a kid?? What am I or we missing here??” After I smile at them, I start in telling them that the Jamboree is that ONE EVENT which brings volunteers and professionals I’ve […]
Hi Leif!! You posted and asked me: I have a question: after attaining rank of Eagle Scout: what is the protocol for dress a couple of years after I earned Eagle rank. I need to know how to dress for a Eagle Court of Honor for a younger scout just attaining his Eagle rank. […]
(I am using the laptop with the messed-up space bar key. Somewords will be together…sorry…) As I told Edith Little, all roads leading to my Dad’s home come through Bluegrass, Iowa… Likewise, all roads leading to Virginia flow through West Virginia. I left my Dad’s home early on Tuesday morning. My goal was to […]
I heard about Posterous from a BBC World News television show called “Click”. It is a great technology and computing program and I enjoy watching it several times each week to see how my personal computing can be better! Here’s one of those results. Hope you enjoy this — this sounds a GREAT DEAL EASIER […]
Search Settummanque Speaks
About Mike Walton
"There's no such thing as strong coffee...only weak people..."
About Me:Take your standard Oliver North. Add strong parts of Bill Cosby and Sir Robert Baden-Powell (the founder of Scouting). Throw in Johny Bravo without the "hurhhs!" and his pecks. Add a strong dose of parenting, the sexuality of a latin lover, and Mona Lisa's smile. And a 40 year old's body frame. That's me basically *grinning*
Follow @settummanque on Twitter
- The Lantern Song (12 Oct 17) 12 October 2017
- We Need a “National Swear Jar” (26 Sep 17) 26 September 2017
- I Thought you Taught Boys to be Men (24 Sep 17) 24 September 2017
- Making Scouting Accessible to Today’s Family (Where I stand) 10 August 2017
- “Club Scouts” 23 November 2016
- “Our new Eagle Scouts Won’t do A Court of Honor – Help!” (26 Mar 13) 5 April 2013
- Non-Registered Adults and the Uniform (7 Nov 13) 28 November 2013
- The old Scout Shorts…can we still wear them? (22 Apr 11) 23 April 2011
- More about Lent 2015 (Ash Wednesday, 18 Feb 15) 18 February 2015
- More about “Fort Knox High Days” (2015 Reunion Overview) (6 Sep 15) 10 September 2015
- agen bandarq: Admiring the dedication you put into your blog and...
- gel Boi Tron: Very good written article. It will be beneficial t...
- lasertest: This piece of writing is in fact a pleasant one it...
- Nik Stanosheck: It's nice to have an article again after 10 month...
- Settummanque: Hi Margaret!! Sorry you are having problems tryin...